6 Day Kruger Safari activities Tour
Kruger National Park
Kruger Park is South Africa’s most exciting African safari destination. Kruger National Park is one of the largest game reserves in Africa. It covers an area of 19,633 square kilometres (7,580 sq mi) in the provinces of Limpopo and Mpumalanga in north eastern South Africa, and extends 360 kilometres (220 mi) from north to south and 65 kilometres (40 mi) from east to west. It became South Africa's first National park in 1926. In the north is Zimbabwe, and to the east is Mozambique.
All the Big Five game animals(Lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant and Rhino) are found at Kruger National Park, which has more species of large mammals than any other African Game Reserve (at 147 species). Out of the 517 species of birds found at Kruger, 253 are residents, 117 non-breeding migrants, and 147 nomads.
Steeped in legend and history, the iconic Kruger National Park in South Africa is waiting for you to explore its vast landscapes and spectacular African wildlife.
- Red Africa Safari's tours are conducted in English by a qualified and experienced Field Safari guide
- You will be picked up by your tour guide and transferred from O. R Tambo Airport/Hotel to Sudwala Caves at approximately 06h00
- Enjoy Brunch on the way
- The drive will take approximately 3-4 hours
- Go on an exciting Cave Tour of an hour's duration from where you will visit the spectacular Lone Creek Falls and Mac mac Falls
- Afterwards you will make your way to your accommodation on the Panorama Route where you will stay your first night
- Settle in and relax
- Enjoy Dinner
- Enjoy Breakfast at around 07h30
- Depart and make your way to the spectacular Pinnacle Rock lookout point and beautiful Waterfalls such as Lisbon Falls and Berlin Falls
- Also visit the breathtaking Bourke's Luck Potholes and the 3 Rondavels that's situated alongside the beautiful Blyde River Canyon
- After you have completed the Panorama Route, you will then make your way to the Elephant Sanctuary where you will have a chance to interact with these amazing Bush Giants
- From there, you will make your way to your accommodation where you will stay your second night near the town of Hazyview
- Settle in and enjoy dinner
- Enjoy Breakfast
- After breakfast you will make your way to the iconic Kruger National Park
- As soon as you have entered Kruger National Park you will start to see some wildlife such as Elephant, Zebra, Impala, Buffalo and many more.
- Enjoy a day's excursion visiting waterholes, lookout points and bird hides
- You will make your way to one of Kruger Park’s main rest camps, where you will stay the following 2 nights
- There will be time to settle in after arrival in the afternoon and explore the Camp grounds
- Relax and Enjoy dinner
- After breakfast you will go on another excursion inside Kruger National Park, visiting Waterholes, Picnic sites, Lookout points etc., trying to spot the amazing Big 5
- Your experienced guide will take you to the best wildlife viewing areas to better your chances of spotting Africa's animals
- Apart from the Big 5 also be on the lookout for interesting animals such as African Wild Dogs, Cheetah, Baboons, Vervet Monkeys also try to spot Birds of prey such as the Bateleur, Secretary bird or different kinds of Vultures
- Relax back at Camp in the afternoon until dinner
- After dinner go on any exciting Night Game drive in an open Safari Vehicle (please note these drives are done by Kruger National Park and there might be other guests joining you on your drive)
- Enjoy breakfast
- Depart after breakfast and enjoy your last Game drive through Kruger National Park before you exit the Park at Malelane Gate
- Also be on the lookout for those animals that eluded you the previous days
- After you exit the Park, you will make your way to Chimp Eden where you will go on a Chimpanzee tour and learn more about these extraordinary primates
- From there you will make your way to your accommodation where you will stay the last night of your Tour near Nelspruit
- Enjoy breakfast
- After breakfast you will depart and make your way to the World renowned Lion Park in Johannesburg
- Here you will get the opportunity to get close to different Predators.
- Get a chance to interact with the Park’s Lion Cubs. (Interaction with Lion cubs are subject to availability)
- Afterwards you will make your way back to your Hotel near or at O.R Tambo Airport where you will be dropped of by your Tour guide in the afternoon.
*Please note that the above Itinerary is only to give you an idea of what your Tour will look like more or less, the Itinerary may change as dictated by changing conditions such as the weather, road conditions, accommodation availability etc.
- Pick-up at Hotel/B&B near or at O.R Tambo Airport
- Drop off at Hotel/B&B near or at O.R Tambo Airport
- Guided tour to and inside Kruger National Park in an Air-conditioned vehicle, conducted by a registered and qualified SA Tourism and Field safari guide
- Fuel & Toll fees
- Daily Conservation fees inside Kruger National Park
- Entrance fees to all the activities that’s mentioned in the Tour package
- En-suite accommodation
- Breakfast & Dinner (2 meals – main course only) each day, except on the last day, only breakfast due to the travelling arrangements back
- 2 x 500ml bottled water (per day)
- 1 x Extra Open vehicle Night Game Drive
- Daily excursions/Game drives inside Kruger National Park visiting Waterholes, Picnic sites, Bird hides etc.
- Airfares to and from South Africa
- Lunch /snacks/beverages/starters/deserts
- Extra activities such as Bushwalks and more open vehicle Game Drives
- All Gratuities
- Medical Aid and Travel Insurance
- Any items of personal nature
What to bring along on the Kruger National Park Fun Safari Tour?
- Comfortable clothes and walking shoes
- Sun protection (Hat, Sunscreen lotion etc.)
- Swim wear
- Medication (Chronic and prescription) - Visitors are advised to use Malaria prophylactics and a mosquito repellent, as Mapungubwe/Kruger Park is Malaria zones.
- Spending money (meals, snacks, beverages and souvenirs)
General Tour Information
Tour packages can also be tailor-made to your requirements.
The National Parks and Reserves that we operate in are very popular and can get booked out very fast so we recommend that the deposit should be paid as soon as possible to secure the desired booking date.
Availability is extremely limited and cannot be guaranteed until the booking is confirmed.
If the Reservation is made within 30 days of departure we request the full amount to be paid at the time of confirmation. If the Reservation is made more than 30 days prior to departure then a 50% deposit of the full amount is required at the time of booking and the balance is due 30 days prior to the start of the Safari Tour.
Although every effort is made to adhere to schedules/planned itineraries, it should be noted that the Field guides/tour operators of RED AFRICA SAFARIS may be obliged to occasionally change routes/schedules on safaris as dictated by changing conditions. Such conditions may be brought about by road conditions, diversions, weather conditions, traffic, availability of activities etc. RED AFRICA SAFARIS will communicate with you for such itinerary or accommodation changes
The facilities, local prices and amenities mentioned are shown in good faith as generally being available. Should local prices vary, or facilities not be available at certain times as a result of weather conditions, lack of support etc. RED AFRICA SAFARIS cannot be held responsible.
Departure times from camps may vary, depending upon the season.
Children below 6 yrs are not permitted on the optional Game drives.
Children below 12 yrs are not allowed on any Bush walks.
Participation in adventure travel requires that you be in generally good health. All visitors must understand that while a high level off fitness is not required, a measure of physical activity is involved in such tours. It is essential that persons with any medical problems and/or related dietary restrictions make them known to us before departure.
Should you not be able to view certain animals during your safari, Red Africa Safaris can not be held responsible, being that these are wild animals that move over vast distances.
PLEASE NOTE: Clients must overnight in Johannesburg the night before the tour and on the last day of the tour. We recommend hotels/B&Bs within 5kms of OR Tambo International Airport.
Clients could also be picked up straight from the Airport, should your flight arrive early in the morning.
Prices per person
1 Person - ZAR 27 193.00
2 Persons sharing - ZAR 16 021.00 p. person
3 Persons sharing - ZAR 14 100.00 p. person
4 Persons sharing - ZAR 12 142.00 p. person
5 Persons sharing - ZAR 11 765.00 p. person
6 Persons sharing - ZAR 10 850.00 p. person
Please note that the above prices are only estimated prices for Safari Tours. We would recommend that you request a quotation so that we can provide you with the accurate tariffs. RED Africa Safaris cc. reserves the right to change pricing at any time without prior notice.
Currency conversions at http://www.xe.com