5 Day Tour - Kruger National Park & Spectacular Panorama Route
Lowveld /Panorama Route of Mpumalanga
One breathtaking view after another – that's South Africa's famous Panorama Route, where you'll experience mountains, sky, forests and the truly impressive Blyde River Canyon, one of the world's largest canyons.The Blyde River Canyon's lush subtropical foliage makes it the world's largest 'green canyon'.
The Mpumalanga Drakensberg escarpment, where the Highveld falls away to the plains of the low-lying country, has more waterfalls than any other area in South Africa. Numerous rivers and streams flow over the jagged edge of the great plateau, waging through ravines and kloofs before descending on the Lowveld floor. All along the courses, there are waterfalls, ranging in size from tiny cascades to dramatic torrents.
Explore this Spectacular Route with it’s stunning views over the Lowveld and it’s beautiful natural wonders.
Kruger National Park
Kruger Park is South Africa’s most exciting African safari destination. Kruger National Park is one of the largest game reserves in Africa. It covers an area of 19,633 square kilometres (7,580 sq mi) in the provinces of Limpopo and Mpumalanga in north eastern South Africa, and extends 360 kilometres (220 mi) from north to south and 65 kilometres (40 mi) from east to west. It became South Africa's first National park in 1926. In the north is Zimbabwe, and to the east is Mozambique.
All the Big Five game animals(Lion, leopard, buffalo, elephant and Rhino) are found at Kruger National Park, which has more species of large mammals than any other African Game Reserve (at 147 species). Out of the 517 species of birds found at Kruger, 253 are residents, 117 non-breeding migrants, and 147 nomads.
Steeped in legend and history, the iconic Kruger National Park in South Africa is waiting for you to explore its vast landscapes and spectacular African wildlife.
Day 1: Spectacular Panorama Route Tour
- Generally tours start at 06h00 AM, but departure times can be arranged to suit your needs.
- Tours are conducted in English by a qualified and registered (Fgasa) tour/field guide.
- You will be picked up at your Hotel/B&B near O.R Tambo International Airport or from Pretoria.
- The scenic drive to the start of the Panorama Route will take approximately 3-4 hours, there will be a stop along the way to enjoy breakfast.
- The Panorama Route starts at the impressive Sudwala Caves, where you will go on a very interesting Cave Tour of about an hour's duration.
- Afterwards you will visit the spectacular Lone Creek Falls and Mac Mac Falls that's situated near the town Sabi, set in the heart of the beautiful Mpumalanga province of South Africa.
- You will then make your way to the Lodge where you will stay your first night which is situated near the Panorama Falls.
- After arrival, you can settle in and unwind until dinner.
Day 2 : Second part of the Panorama Route and transfer to Kruger National Park
- You can enjoy breakfast at 07h30 at the Restaurant.
- After breakfast, you will make your way to the Pinnacle Rock Lookout point with it's amazing view of the Lowveld below
- From there you will make your way to the stunning Lisbon Falls (highest falls in the region)and Berlin Falls.
- Afterwards you will continue with the Panorama Route all alongside the beautiful Blyde River Canyon and visit Bourke's Luck Potholes and the Three Rondavels.
- After you have completed the Panorama Route you will be transferred to the iconic Kruger National Park.
- After you have entered Kruger National Park you will go on your first Game drive on the way to your accommodation.
- As soon as you have entered the Park you will start to see some wildlife such as Zebra, Impala, Blue Wildebeest also be on the lookout for Buffalo, Leopard, Lion etc.
- Arrive at your Rest Camp in the afternoon. There will be time to settle in and relax until dinner.
- You can enjoy dinner prepared by your guide under open African skies.
Day 3: Explore Kruger National Park + Sunrise & Exciting Night Game drive
- Go on an exciting Sunrise Game drive in an open Safari vehicle starting at 04h00(duration 3 hours) and enjoy the beautiful African Sunrise.
- Enjoy a tasty breakfast back at Camp.
- Depart after breakfast and go on your second closed vehicle Game drive on your way to your next camp.
- You will be visiting waterholes & lookout points during your excursion/Game drive in search for Africa’s big 5 (Lion, Leopard, Elephant, Buffalo and Rhino).
- Also scout the dams and Rivers for pods of Hippo or Crocodiles basking in the sun.
- Arrive at your next camp in the afternoon, settle in, relax and enjoy the beautiful view over the Sabi River which attracts plenty of wildlife.
- Enjoy dinner prepared by your guide by a campfire under the African skies around 18h00.
- Afterwards go on an exciting Night Game drive in an open Safari vehicle starting at 20h00 (duration 2 hours) and see what kind of Nocturnal animals you can find.
Day 4: Adrenaline packed Bushwalk + Sunset Game drive in an open vehicle
- Next morning you could go on an adrenaline packed Bushwalk starting around 04h30 (duration 3 hours) and get close to nature on foot with an armed Ranger.
- Afterwards enjoy a light breakfast back at camp.
- After breakfast you will continue with your search for Africa’s animals with another closed vehicle Mid-day Game drive by visiting Riverbeds, waterholes etc.
- Your experienced guide will take you to the best wildlife sightseeing areas to better your chances of spotting animals.
- The abundance of wildlife in this area attracts all sorts of predators so be on the lookout for Lion, Hayena, Leopard, Cheetah and African wild dogs.
- Also don't miss the smaller creatures such as Banded Mongoose, Vervet Monkey, Honey Badger or the impressive Southern Ground-Hornbill and Kori Bustard (heaviest flying bird in the world).
- Relax back at camp until your exciting Sunset open vehicle Game drive will begin at 16h30(duration 3 hours).
- Enjoy dinner afterwards and your last night in the African Bush.
Day 5: Last Kruger Game drive & transfer to Johannesburg
- Enjoy breakfast at approximately 07h00.
- Depart afterwards and go on a last excursion/Game drive through the Park on your way to the Malelane Gate, where you will exit the Park.
- Your guide will take a slow Game drive on the way to the gate to provide you with ample time trying to spot the wildlife that eluded you the previous days.
- You will exit Kruger National Park around 12h00 -13h00.
- The scenic drive from Malelane back to Johannesburg will take approximately 5 - 6 hours with 1 stop on the way.
- Arrive at your specified Destination/Hotel late afternoon/early evening where unfortunately your Safari will come to an end.
It's recommended to overnight at a hotel on your last day of your tour.
Please note - Although we provide a planned itinerary, our Tours are totally flexible and can be customized to suit your needs. You could also go on additional activities such as a visit to the Elephant Sanctuary where you can interact with these amazing Bush Giants orvisit the Chimpanzee Sanctuary.
General Tour Information
Although we provide a planned itinerary, our Tours are totally flexible and can be customized to suit your needs. So if there is anything you would like to add or cancel, just let us know and we will gladly send you a new quotation.
The National Parks and Reserves that we operate in are very popular and can get booked out very fast so we recommend that the deposit should be paid as soon as possible to secure the desired booking date.
Availability is extremely limited and cannot be guaranteed until the booking is confirmed.
If the Reservation is made within 30 days of departure we request the full amount to be paid at the time of confirmation. If the Reservation is made more than 30 days prior to departure then a 50% deposit of the full amount is required at the time of booking and the balance is due 30 days prior to the start of the Safari Tour.
Although every effort is made to adhere to schedules/planned itineraries, it should be noted that RED AFRICA SAFARIS or partnered companies/Lodges may be obliged to occasionally change routes/schedules on safaris as dictated by changing conditions. Such conditions may be brought about by road conditions, diversions, weather conditions, traffic, availability of activities etc. RED AFRICA SAFARIS will communicate with you for such itinerary or accommodation changes
The facilities, local prices and amenities mentioned are shown in good faith as generally being available. Should local prices vary, or facilities not be available at certain times as a result of weather conditions, lack of support etc. RED AFRICA SAFARIS cannot be held responsible.
Departure times from camps may vary, depending upon the season.
Children below 6yrs are not permitted on the optional Game drives.
Children below 12yrs are not allowed on any Bush walks.
Adults above 65 yrs need to provide a Doctor certificate when wanting to partake in the Bush walks.
Participation in adventure travel requires that you be in generally good health. All visitors must understand that while a high level off fitness is not required, a measure of physical activity is involved in such tours. It is essential that persons with any medical problems and/or related dietary restrictions make them known to us before departure.
Please note that there may be other guests/visitors joining you on some of the activities during your Tour such as the open vehicle game drives and bushwalks, as these activities are done by Kruger National Park themselves. Private open vehicle Game drives could also be booked for your tour group only, just let us know and we will send you a newquotation as soon as possible.
It is recommended that clients overnight in Johannesburg the night before the tour and on the last day of the tour. We recommend hotels/B&Bs within 5kms of OR Tambo International Airport.
Please note - Clients could also be picked up straight from the Airport, should your flight arrive early in the morning.
Your Tour is based on Mid-range accommodation but more luxurious, such as 5 star accommodation is also available as well as more budget accommodation.
- Pick-up at Hotel near or from O.R Tambo Airport/Johannesburg or from Pretoria and Nelspruit
- Drop-off at Hotel near or at O.R Tambo Airport/Johannesburg or at Pretoria, Phalaborwa, Hoedspruit and Nelspruit
- Guided tour on the Panorama Route and inside Kruger National Park in an Air-conditioned vehicle, conducted by a registered and qualified SA Tourism and Field safari guide.
- Kruger National Park Entrance fees (Daily Conservation fees)
- All Panorama Route fees
- Toll fees + Fuel
- 1 x night's stay in a comfortable En-suite hotel room on the Panorama Route
- 3 x nights' stay in a comfortable Bungalow/Chalet with private bathroom facilities at one of Kruger's most popular Rest Camps
- 2 x 500ml bottled water per day
- Day 1 - Breakfast(Restaurant, main course only) & Dinner
- Day 2 - Day 4 - Breakfast & Dinner
- Day 5 - Breakfast only, due to travelling arrangements back
- Complete Panorama Route - Sudwala Caves, Mac Mac Falls, Lone Creek Falls, Lisbon Falls, Berlin Falls, Bourke's Luck Potholes, 3 Rondavels
- 1 x Bush walk(Could be substituted with an open vehicle Sunrise Game drive)
- 1 x Sunset Game drive in an open Safari vehicle
- 1 x Sunrise Game drive in an open Safari vehicle
- 1 x Night Game drive in an open Safari vehicle
- 2 x closed vehicle Excursions/Game drives inside Kruger National Park visiting waterholes, Lookout points and Bird hides
- Airfares to and from South Africa/Visas
- Extra Safari activities - except where specified
- Lunch/beverages/snacks/starters and deserts- except where specified
- All Gratuities
- Medical Aid and Travel Insurance
- Any items of personal nature
Nov 1, 2017 to 31 Oct, 2018 (Rates are pp for 5 days)
2 Persons sharing - ZAR 16 700.00 p. person
4 Persons sharing - ZAR 13 205.00 p. person
6 Persons sharing - ZAR 11 580.00 p. person
Nov 1, 2018 to 31 Oct, 201 9(Rates are pp for 5 days)
2 Persons sharing - ZAR 17 905.00 p. person
4 Persons sharing - ZAR 14 330.00 p. person
6 Persons sharing - ZAR 12 565.00 p. person
Please note that the above prices are only estimated prices for Safari Tours. We would recommend that you request a quotation so that we can provide you with the accurate tariffs. RED Africa Safaris cc. reserves the right to change pricing at any time without prior notice.
Currency conversions at http://www.xe.com