3 Day Tour- Panorama Route
Highlights of this Tour –
- See some breathtaking scenery on the Panorama Route like, the Blyde River Canyon, the Three Rondavels, Bourke’s Luck Potholes and the Pinnacle Rock
- Visit some interesting attractions like the Sudwala Caves
- Visit spectacular Waterfalls such as Lisbon Falls (highest falls in the region), Berlin Falls, Mac Mac Falls and Lone Creek Falls
- Enjoy tasty meals (Brunch and Dinners included)
- Stay in Comfortable En-Suite Chalets/Hotel rooms
One breathtaking view after another – that's South Africa's famous Panorama Route, where you'll experience mountains, sky, forests and the truly impressive Blyde River Canyon, one of the world's largest canyons.The Blyde River Canyon's lush subtropical foliage makes it the world's largest 'green canyon'.
The Mpumalanga Drakensberg escarpment, where the Highveld falls away to the plains of the low-lying country, has more waterfalls than any other area in South Africa. Numerous rivers and streams flow over the jagged edge of the great plateau, waging through ravines and kloofs before descending on the Lowveld floor. All along the courses, there are waterfalls, ranging in size from tiny cascades to dramatic torrents.
Come and explore the Spectacular Panorama Route with it’s stunning views over the Lowveld and it’s beautiful natural wonders!
- Generally tours start at 06h00 AM, but departure times can be arranged to suit your needs.
- Red Africa Safaris' tours are conducted in English by a qualified and registered (FGASA) tour/field guide.
- You will be picked up at your Hotel /B&B(5 km radius) near or at O.R Tambo International Airport.
- The drive to the start of your Panorama Route Tour is approximately 3 - 4 hours.
- There will be stops on the way to enjoy breakfast and to buy some snacks and beverages.
- The first stop on your Tour will be the magnificent Sudwala Caves. You will go on a hour long Tour inside the Caves, learning more about all the formations, history, etc.
- After your Cave visit you will stop at the impressive at Mac Mac Falls.
- There after you will make your way to your accommodation on the Panorama Route.
- Arrive in the afternoon, settle in and relax until Dinner.
- Enjoy Dinner at the Restaurant.
- Enjoy breakfast at 07h30.
- After breakfast you will continue with the Panorama Route and make your way to the Pinnacle Rock.
- After the stop at the Pinnacle Rock you will stop at Lisbon Falls, which is the highest Falls in the region and at Berlin Falls.
- Then you will make your way to Bourke's Luck Potholes and afterwards you will visit the 3 Rondavels Look out point.
- All the above scenic stops are situated next to the impressive Blyde River Canyon.
- After your stop at the 3 Rondavels you will make your way back to your accommodation.
- Enjoy dinner at the Restaurant.
- Relax and unwind afterwards.
- Enjoy breakfast at 07h30.
- After breakfast you will depart and make your way back to O.R Tambo Airport or to your Hotel/B&B near the Airport.
- But on the way you will make a last stop at the spectacular Lone Creek Falls.
- The scenic drive back will take approximately 3-4 hours with 1 stop on the way to buy some snacks and beverages.
- Arrive at O.R Tambo Airport or specified Destination/Hotel in the afternoon.
- Pick-up at Hotel/B&B near or at O.R Tambo Airport
- Drop-off at Hotel/B&B near or at O.R Tambo Airport
- Guided tour to and on the Panorama Route in a Luxury Air-conditioned vehicle, conducted by a registered and qualified SA Tourism and Field safari guide.
- Panorama Route Entrance fees - visiting Sudwala Caves, Lone Creek Falls, Mac Mac Falls, Lisbon Falls, Berlin Falls, the Pinnacle Rock, Bourke's Luck Potholes and the 3 Rondavels, all along the Blyde River Canyon.
- Fuel & Toll fees
- Accommodation(En-Suite Hotel rooms/Chalets)
- 2 x 500ml bottled water per day
- Day 1 - Breakfast & Dinner
- Day 2 - Breakfast & Dinner
- Day 3 - Breakfast
- (Meals are enjoyed at the Restaurant -Main course only)
- Airfares to and from South Africa
- Lunch/beverages/snacks/starters & deserts
- All Gratuities
- Medical Aid and Travel Insurance
- Any items of personal nature
What to bring along on the Panorama Route Tour?
- Comfortable walking shoes and clothes
- Sun protection (Sunscreen lotion, Hat, etc.)
- Spending money (Lunch, snacks, beverages and souvenirs)
General Tour Information
Tour packages can also be tailor-made to your requirements.
The Panorama Route Tour are subject to the weather conditions, if you are not able to stop at the different scenic stops during your Tour due to weather conditions, Red Africa Safaris will try to substitute the stops with other activities.
Availability is extremely limited and cannot be guaranteed until the booking is confirmed.
If the Reservation is made within 30 days of departure we request the full amount to be paid at the time of confirmation. If the Reservation is made more than 30 days prior to departure then a 50% deposit of the full amount is required at the time of booking and the balance is due 30 days prior to the start of the Safari Tour.
Although every effort is made to adhere to schedules/planned itineraries, it should be noted that the Field guides/tour operators of RED AFRICA SAFARIS may be obliged to occasionally change routes/schedules on safaris/Tours as dictated by changing conditions. Such conditions may be brought about by road conditions, diversions, weather conditions, traffic, availability of activities etc. RED AFRICA SAFARIS will communicate with you for such itinerary or accommodation changes.
The facilities, local prices and amenities mentioned are shown in good faith as generally being available. Should local prices vary, or facilities not be available at certain times as a result of weather conditions, lack of support etc. RED AFRICA SAFARIS cannot be held responsible.
Participation in adventure travel requires that you be in generally good health. All visitors must understand that while a high level off fitness is not required, a measure of physical activity is involved in such tours. It is essential that persons with any medical problems and/or related dietary restrictions make them known to us before departure.
Please note that there may be other guests/visitors joining you on some of the stops/activities on your Tour. Red Africa Safaris can not be held responsible if other guests/visitors do not share the same interests or the same language than you.
PLEASE NOTE: Clients must overnight in Johannesburg the night before the tour and on the last day of the tour. We recommend hotels/B&Bs within 5kms of OR Tambo International Airport.
Clients could also be picked up straight from the Airport, should your flight arrive early in the morning.
Prices are per person sharing
1 Person - ZAR 9338.00
2 Persons sharing - ZAR 5688.00 p. person
3 Persons sharing - ZAR 4471.00 p. person
4 Persons sharing - ZAR 3862.00 p. person
5 Persons sharing - ZAR 3497.00 p. person
6 Persons sharing - ZAR 3254.00 p. person
Please note that the above prices are only estimated prices for Safari Tours. We would recommend that you request a quotation so that we can provide you with the accurate tariffs. RED Africa Safaris cc. reserves the right to change pricing at any time without prior notice.
Currency conversions at http://www.xe.com